Which German clinics offer high treatment quality for meniscus surgery? Here are some excellent hospitals.
Damage to the meniscus such as a tear of meniscus is often caused by sports injuries. The menisci – two cartilage discs between the thigh bone and the lower leg bone – can tear if the leg is for example twisted under weight bearing. However, degenerative age-related meniscus damage can also be very painful and should be treated. The treatment method depends on the size and the position of the tear of meniscus. It can be treated conservatively, but most often a surgery is necessary.
For a successful treatment, the choice of the hospital is important because not all hospitals in Germany are specialized in meniscus surgery. Besides good hygiene and high quality of treatment, there is medical staff in the listed clinics that has extensive experience with meniscus surgery.
Top Clinics for Meniscus Surgery
|Asklepios Clinic Bad Abbach||Bad Abbach||No|
|Atos Clinic Heidelberg||Heidelberg||Yes|
|Atos MediaPark Clinic||Cologne||Yes|
|BG Clinic Duisburg||Duisburg||No|
|Brüderhaus Koblenz & Marienhof Koblenz||Koblenz||No|
|Surgical Clinic Dr. Kübel/Dr. Albrecht/Dr. Gühring||Reutlingen||No|
|Clinic Dr. Decker||Munich||No|
|Specialist Clinic Hamburg||Hamburg||No|
|Helios Endo Clinic Hamburg||Hamburg||Yes|
|Helios Specialist Clinic Vogelsang-Gommern||Vogelsang-Gommern||No|
|HochFranken Clinics - Münchberg Clinic||Münchberg||No|
|Marienhaus Clinic St. Josef Bendorf||Bendorf||No|
|Martin Luther Hospital Berlin||Berlin||No|
|Medinos Clinics of the District Sonneberg||Sonneberg||No|
|Orthopedic Specialist Clinic of the Hessing Stiftung||Augsburg||No|
|Orthopedic Clinic Markgröningen||Markgröningen||No|
|Sana Dreifaltigkeits Hospital Cologne||Cologne||Yes|
|Sana Clinic Munich||Munich||Yes|
|Schön Clinic Munich Harlaching||Munich||Yes|
|Sports Clinic Hellersen||Lüdenscheid||No|
|Sports Clinic Stuttgart||Stuttgart||No|
|St. Anna Hospital Herne||Herne||No|
|St. Elisabeth Hospital Leipzig||Leipzig||No|
The name of the clinic is displayed on mouseover
This is how the clinic list was created (Statutory health insurance patients and private patients)
- Many patients! At the clinics presented above, doctors have great experience with meniscus injury (M23), because only hospitals that treat these on an above-average basis have been taken into consideration. Hospitals are obliged to inform about their medical treatment in quality reports and to provide this information to the Federal Joint Committee.
- High Level of Patient Satisfaction! The level of patient satisfaction of the clinics in the list is at least at 80 percent. This is the result of a survey by the German health insurance companies AOK, BARMER Ersatzkasse and the Kaufmännische Krankenkasse (KHH) in cooperation with the “Weisse Liste”. Every year, almost half a million of insured people are being questioned about their hospital stay. This is the largest patient survey in Europe.
- Good Hygiene! Many patients suffer from an infection during their hospital stay, which is why good hospital hygiene is important. All the clinics attach above-average value to patient safety. At least 45 out of 55 measures have been taken in order to guarantee optimal hygiene before, during and after surgery.
This is how the clinic list was created (only private patients):
Clinics that don’t treat statutory health insurance patients don’t have to present their treatment data in a quality report. Therefore, other criteria have been taken into consideration when creating the list of clinics that treat private patients only. Because patients from abroad are not insured in Germany, they can also be treated at private clinics.
- Extensive Experience! At least one doctor in the specialist clinic is specialized in knee surgery, has been working in this field for more than 15 years and has regularly published scientific papers on the subject.
- International Reputation! Doctors at the clinics mentioned above are well-known internationally, because they give specialist lectures there or because they are recommended by local colleagues. Therefore, all of the clinics in the list have an International Office for patients from abroad.
- High Level of Patient Satisfaction! 5 out of 6 patients are satisfied with their treatment in the hospital. All of the private clinics presented above achieved 5 out of 6 stars on the independent rating platform klinikbewertungen.de.
This is just a small selection of German clinics. Of course, many other hospitals also offer a high quality of treatment.