Which clinics in Germany are most suitable for the treatment of an anterior cruciate ligament injury? Here is a list of some excellent hospitals with high treatment quality.
The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the most important ligaments for the stability of the knee. Causes for a tear are mostly sports injuries. An anterior cruciate ligament injury can be treated conservatively or surgically. In the case of successful treatment, in 80-90 % of the cases, the knee of the patient functions fully again.
For a successful treatment, the choice of the hospital is important because not all hospitals in Germany are specialized in the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injury. Besides good hygiene and high quality of treatment, there is medical staff in the listed clinics that has extensive experience with the treatment of an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Top Clinics for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury
|Agaplesion Diakonie Clinics Kassel||Kassel||No|
|Asklepios Clinic Bad Abbach||Bad Abbach||No|
|Atos Clinic Heidelberg||Heidelberg||Yes|
|Atos Clinic Munich||Munich||Yes|
|Atos MediaPark Clinic||Cologne||Yes|
|Atos Starmed Clinic||Munich||No|
|BG Accident Clinic Frankfurt am Main||Frankfurt am Main||No|
|BG Clinic Duisburg||Duisburg||No|
|BG Clinic Ludwigshafen||Ludwigshafen||No|
|BG Clinic Tübingen||Tübingen||No|
|Brüderhaus Koblenz & Marienhof Koblenz||Koblenz||No|
|Dr. Erler Clinics||Nürnberg||No|
|Herz-Jesu Hospital Hiltrup||Münster||No|
|HochFranken Clinics - Münchberg Clinic||Münchberg||No|
|Martin Luther Hospital Berlin||Berlin||No|
|Orthopedic Clinic Markgröningen||Markgröningen||No|
|Rechts der Isar Clinic of the Technical University Munich||Munich||Yes|
|Sana Clinic Munich||Munich||Yes|
|Sana Clinic Nürnberg||Nürnberg||Yes|
|Sana Dreifaltigkeit Hospital Cologne||Cologne||Yes|
|Schön Clinic Munich Harlaching||Munich||Yes|
|Sports Clinic Hellersen||Lüdenscheid||No|
|Sports Clinic Stuttgart||Stuttgart||No|
|St. Marienwörth Hospital||Bad Kreuznach||No|
|University Hospital Freiburg||Freiburg||Yes|
|University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf||Hamburg||Yes|
The name of the clinic is displayed on mouseover
This is how the clinic list was created (statutory health insurance patients and private patients):
- Many patients! At the clinics presented above, doctors have great experience with the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injury (S83), because only hospitals that treat this injury on an above-average basis have been taken into consideration. Hospitals are obliged to inform about their medical treatment in quality reports and to provide this information to the Federal Joint Committee.
- High Level of Patient Satisfaction! The level of patient satisfaction of the clinics in the list is at least at 80 percent. This is the result of a survey by the German health insurance companies AOK and BARMER in cooperation with the “Weisse Liste”. Every year, almost half a million of insured people are being questioned about their hospital stay. This is the biggest patient survey in Europe.
- Good Hygiene! Many patients suffer from an infection during their hospital stay, which is why good hospital hygiene is important. All the clinics attach above-average value to patient safety. At least 45 out of 55 measures have been taken in order to guarantee optimal hygiene before, during and after surgery.
This is how the clinic list was created (only private patients):
Clinics that don’t treat statutory health insurance patients don’t have to present their treatment data in a quality report. Therefore, other criteria have been taken into consideration when creating the list of clinics that treat private patients only. Because patients from abroad are not insured in Germany, they can also be treated at private clinics.
- Extensive Experience! At least one doctor in the specialist clinic is specialized in the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injury, has been working in this field for more than 15 years and has regularly published scientific papers on the subject.
- International Reputation! Doctors at the clinics mentioned above are well-known internationally, because they give specialist lectures there or because they are recommended by local colleagues. Therefore, all of the clinics in the list have an International Office for patients from abroad.
- High Level of Patient Satisfaction! 5 out of 6 patients are satisfied with their treatment in the hospital. All of the private clinics presented above achieved 5 out of 6 stars on the independent rating platform klinikbewertungen.de.
This is just a small selection of German clinics. Of course, many other hospitals also offer a high quality of treatment.